In conjunction with the National Association of Senior Move Managers aging in place initiative, NASMM@HOME, Cindy Leap and Kandy Schreiner earned the NASMM@HOME Specialist designation at NASMM’s recent 2016 Annual Conference in San Antonio, TX.
“Extensive research indicates future generations of older adults, including the population we currently serve, are less inclined to move to senior living communities in later life than the World War II/Depression era generation,” said Mary Kay Buysse, NASMM’s Executive Director. “NASMM members who earn the NASMM@HOME Specialist designation can now effectively assist clients who need to move, as well as those who prefer to remain in their homes.”
According to Cindy and Kandy of Transition Tamers, “Moving may not be the best decision for an older adult or aging family member right now — due to personal choice, financial considerations, etc. But they may still desire a change. Later in life, our homes can often become cluttered with our ‘stuff,’ and it’s natural to be overwhelmed by the daunting prospect of downsizing, de-cluttering, organizing, and discarding. As NASMM@HOME Specialists, we can help older adults adapt their home for who they are now!”
As NASMM@HOME Specialists, Cindy and Kandy assist older adults and their families with numerous downsizing and simplifying tasks in a current home. They apply the same coordinated, compassionate downsizing and home safety techniques to help clients STAY in their home as they do to help them move.
“Senior Move Managers provide guidance, encouragement, and hands-on help,” said Buysse. “We understand the physical and emotional stresses associated with later lifestyle changes, as well as the ethical, safety, legal and communication issues that accompany working with older adults. Our focused services accomplish a great deal in very little time, so you save both time and money. The end result: You are happier with how your existing home looks and feels!”
As NASMM@HOME Specialists, Cindy and Kandy can help with some or all of these tasks:
- Define your vision: “Where do we begin?” We can help you prioritize what areas need work.
- Create a floor plan and repurposing your existing space so it works better for you NOW.
- Decide what will be donated, sold or discarded and execute your wishes.
- Determine your future needs by simplifying your lifestyle ~ gaining the freedom to live the life you want. (For example, the things you use daily must be in easy-to-access places.)
- Recommend and oversee home modifications.
- Provide guidance with assistive technologies.
- Explore home care maintenance concerns.
- Reduce home safety concerns and eliminate common in-home hazards.
www.transitiontamers.com Office Phone: 704-237-4262
The National Association of Senior Move Managers (NASMM) is the leading membership organization for Senior Move Managers in the United States, Canada and abroad. NASMM is recognized for its innovative programs and expertise related to Senior Move Management, downsizing, transition, relocation and aging in place issues affecting older adults. For more information on NASMM contact 877-606-2877 or visit www.nasmm.org.