Senior Move Managers are professionals who assist older adults and/or their families with life transitions from Aging-In-Place to relocating to a different living situation. In addition, when an older adult passes away, the Senior Move Manager may assist families in disposing of their loved one’s belongings. SMM’s often have a background in the health field or the business world where they gained experience in project management. They may have experience in psychology and sociology and even in real estate or any number of related fields. Whatever their background, the SMM’s primary goal is to help older adults become aware of the choices available to them and to guide them in making the best decisions possible for them and their families.
• Developing an overall move or “age in place” plan
• Organizing, sorting & downsizing
• Customized floor plans
• Arranging for the disposal of excess items through a variety of means
• Interviewing, scheduling & overseeing movers
• Arranging shipments & storage
• Supervising and oversight of professional packing
• Unpacking & setting up the new home
• Coordination of related services from cleaning to waste removal to helping to prepare the home to be sold
Source: National Association of Senior Move Managers
For more information on the Senior Move Management profession, you may want to click on the following link to read this excellent article—
We, at Transition Tamers, offer a variety of services and will develop a customized Move Management plan to accommodate our clients’ needs and budget.