It’s GO Time!
There are many health benefits, both mental & physical, to being organized. Following are just a few that we have found cited by numerous sources:
- Save time by not spending time looking for things.
- Save money by not buying items you already have.
- Instill confidence by knowing where things are in the home.
- Reduce stress related to lost items or lost information.
- Manage many activities and deadlines more efficiently.
- Gain valuable storage space within your existing quarters.
- Gain more energy and peace from your organized home while eliminating unnecessary tasks.
- Have more time to do things you really want to do.
- Have a more attractive and inviting home.
Cleanliness and order are not matters of instinct; they are matters of education, and like most great things, you must cultivate a taste for them ( www.organizeyourlife.org/
We have found that most of us procrastinate or don’t know where to start when it comes to organizing or re-organizing our personal spaces. Here are a few suggestions for making a plan and sticking with it:
- Make an appointment with yourself on a regular basis (daily/weekly) & make it a priority by putting it on your calendar.
- Break your organizing tasks into small pieces. This will make your projects more manageable & give you a sense of accomplishment as each task is completed.
- Partner with a friend for accountability and encouragement.
- Consult with a Professional Organizer for a clearly, laid-out plan of attack(Transition Tamers can help with that!).
Cindy & Kandy