The Transition Tamers are Senior Move Managers–professionals who specialize in assisting families with making significant life transitions. Their knowledge of available alternatives & services has been proven to be invaluable to their clients.
As the population of older adults continues to grow, more and more are recognizing the need for and the value of the senior move management service. Many families are geographically separated, making it difficult for adult children to assist in the logistics of moving their elders. Seniors may not have surviving children or their children may be older adults themselves. Or, after having lived in their current residence for many years, the organizational and physical tasks of relocating may be overwhelming for the entire family.
Transition Tamers will consult with you to determine the best course of action for your transition and then simplify the process by taking care of all the details. The services we offer are as follows:
- Downsizing–sort/inventory belongings, assist clients in choosing & organizing items to keep, and distribute excess items by consigning, donating or shipping, create photo catalogue of stored and/or donated items, assist in staging home for sale.
- Move Management–pack for the move, arrange for movers, coordinate logistics including utility transfers & change of address notifications, as well as supervise move day.
- Organizing–customized floor planning, unpack all boxes & remove all packing materials, arrange furniture, hang pictures & place artwork and accessories, make beds & organize closets, as well as coordinate computer, phone & other electronics set up.
- Aging In Place Consultation–provide evaluation of accommodations needed, develop an aging in place strategy
- Resource Referrals–Referrals to Reputable Professionals, including, but not limited to: real estate agents, home stagers, appraisers, estate disposition specialists, elder care attorneys, geriatric care managers, and more.
Ready to get started? Contact Us today to start a personalized plan to tame your transition.